My primary focus has and still is about Bipolar Parenting and Bipolar in general. That said, my goal is also to offer my reader’s a glimpse into my life so they can see that someone suffering from a severe Mental Illness can still lead a more stable life. I like to use the word stable as it is a little easier on my brain then the word normal. I’m thinking I’ll use Wednesday’s to catch up on some of the weekly stuff, accountability stuff and exciting news that’s coming up. It may not be just limited to Wednesday’s, but at least I know I have a DAY that I can concentrate on those things if I happen to miss it throughout the week!
Although the day is just beginning here, just a little before 6am, I’ve already done a few things for myself today.
- Signed up for my own domain through wordpress. I really have no idea what this means other than moorestorms.com is now mine, but yay!
- Applied for a 6 month apprenticeship program to help better my writing skills and possibly land myself a freelancing job somewhere. Not only is this exciting for obvious reasons, but if accepted, I get a sign on bonus. Both I am completely psyched about.
What I plan to do for myself today:
- Take a shower….a long one. Put some makeup on and do my hair a little bit. This task is a huge undertaking for me. I struggle daily with putting personal hygiene into my daily life. It’s a motivational thing, but it’s one I need to learn to implement every day. Maybe some of you can offer me accountability here.
- Write in my personal journal. I love blogging and I love writing online, but it’s time to start putting pen to paper and get the feelings flowing like I used to….and not just today, every day.
What I plan to do for others today:
- Clean the bathroom – this is for the other 8 people who live in my home.
- Make dinner
- Do the dinner dishes
Numbers 2 and 3 Hubs has been taking care of for quite some time. It’s time I get off my tush and help just a little bit.
In other news and yes, it’s exciting, stable news……we are having a birthday party! It has been almost 6 years since we’ve held one for any of our children. Sure, we’ve had our own family, private get togethers’, but not this year! This year, we’re going big again and we’re going to have a bash! Our budget doesn’t really allow for it, but I really wanted to do something special this year and I decided enough was enough and we’re starting with the first birthday of the year, Macie’s! She’ll be turning 4 years old on May 7th. When I announced we were having a party, she got excited, but I really don’t think she understands what it means for her.
How I can’t wait to see her face light up, her eyes glow when she sees that everyone attending is there…..just for her J How exciting to have a Princess theme and to be able to wear a tiara, a special dress and a bracelet and necklace just for her special day? We will go this week to pick up some of her supplies. The balloons, party dress, cake and food will have to wait until a few days before her party, but it’s all pretty much set in motion. Our guest list is already up to 21!!! This is terribly exciting for all of us.
We have not had a party for our children since my mother passed away. Part of this was because she was always the one to help with the parties. Not financially, but she’d help cook, set up, tear down and clean up. She was my pal around buddy when I was feeling like I needed to get away from the crowd. But it’s time I stop letting my issues get in the way of my children having the childhood they deserve and this is the way we’re going to start. First birthday of the year, first party down for the year!! We’re all so excited!
I hope you can find just Whatever Wednesday thing to look forward to!
Until next time…..